COACHE survey and best practices
Chairs and Deans are encouraged to review the results of the 2017 faculty job satisfaction survey administered through COACHE (Collaborative on Academic Careers in Higher Education) in order to better understand issues that may impact their diversity and inclusion plans.
You can access a summary of the 2017 COACHE survey results and other helpful resources below:
- FIU 2017 COACHE summary and results
- COACHE benchmark best practices: Tenure and promotion and leadership
- COACHE benchmark best practices: Appreciation and recognition
FIU Department and College Plans Examples
Academic Affairs, Colleges, and departments are creating diversity and inclusion action plans that began implementation in Fall 2018.
Example plans (currently under development)
- College of Arts, Sciences, and Engineering (CASE)
- College of Engineering and Computing (CEC)
- Department of Earth and Environment
- Department of English
Checklist of Possible D&I Actions and Metrics
Diversity and inclusion plans should include metrics for measuring progress towards goals. This Checklist of Actions and Metrics includes actions proposed across all FIU departments as well as national best practices and metrics.