External press and articles related to AWED Theater's activities will be featured here. This will include both recent press and older press that is relevant to AWED Theater's work, as well as relevant academic articles.
- WebsEdge Science (2018), "Theatre and Academia - Interview with Jeffrey Steiger at ASEE 2018", June 26, 2018.
- Rebecca Koenig (2021), "By Putting Tensions on Stage, Colleges Aim to Change Campus Culture", EdSurge, March 4, 2021.
- Suzanna Rose (2023), "Using live theatre to foster faculty inclusion", Open Access Government July 2023, pp.320-321.
- Van Anders, S.M., Steiger, J., & Goldey, K.L.(in press). Effects of gendered behavior on testosterone in women and men. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, doi: 10.1073/pnas.1509591112.
- Kaplan, M., Cook C. E., & Steiger, J. (2006, May/June). Using theatre to stage instructional and organizational transformation. Change Magazine, 38:3, 32-39.
- Kaplan, M. & Steiger, J. (2011). Role Play and Beyond: Strategies for Incorporating Theatre into Faculty Development. In M. Kaplan & C.E. Cook (Eds.) CRLT Book. Sterling, VA: Stylus.
- Kardia, D., Miller, A. T., & Steiger, J. (2003). Interactive theatre as a multicultural change agent in faculty development. In M. L. Ouellett (Ed.), Teaching inclusively: Resources for course, department & institutional change in higher education (pp. 492 - 502). Oklahoma: New Press, Inc.
- Kumagai, A. K., White, C. B., Ross, P. T., Purkiss, J. A., O'Neal, C. M., & Steiger, J. A. (2007). Use of Interactive Theater for Faculty Development in Multicultural Medical Education. Medical Teacher, 29:4, 335-340.
- LaVaque-Manty, D., Steiger, J., & Stewart, A. J. (2007). Interactive theater: Raising issues about the climate with science faculty. In A. Stewart, J. Malley, & D. Lavaque-Manty (Eds.), ADVANCE women in science and engineering: Lessons for institutional transformation (pp. 204-223). Ann Arbor: University of Michigan Press.
- Steiger, J. Burgoyne, S., & Azizan-Gardner, N. (2005, Fall). Exploring classroom climate through interactive theatre. AGLS Newsletter, Volume # 23, pages 1.
- Tang, T. S., Skye, E. P., & Steiger, J. (2009). Increasing patient acceptance of medical student participation: Using interactive theatre for faculty development. Publication Date: 01 July 2009, Teaching and Learning in Medicine. 2009 July 21(3):195-200.